Become a governor
Becoming a governor gives you the opportunity to influence the development of our hospital and gain an insight into the goals, challenges and successes of a large NHS teaching hospital.
Induction day for governorsBenefits of being a governor
- An opportunity to influence the development of an important public service provider
- The chance to meet fellow members and represent their interests and opinions
- Gain an insight into the goals, challenges and achievements of a large NHS hospital
- Develop new skills and improve your CV
- Meet new people and learn more about hospital life.
More details about the Council of Governors can be found in our information leaflet, Be part of our future.
How to become a governor
If are are interested in becoming a governor make sure you sign up as a member using our online application form. Elections to the Council of Governors take place every three years and members will automatically be sent information on how to apply to be a governor and vote in the elections.
Nominations for our 2019 governor elections are now open! Find out more