Governor elections for two of our public constituencies are now open:
- Southampton City - one vacancy
- New Forest, Eastleigh and Test Valley - three vacancies
This is a great opportunity for members to put their names forward to become a governor and represent the views and opinions of the local community and help shape the future of our Trust.
If you're a member and you're interested in becoming a governor, you can find out more about the role by attending one of our drop-in sessions, taking place on the following days:
- Monday, 10 July from 4.30 to 5.30pm in the Heartbeat Education Centre at Southampton General Hospital
- Thursday, 13 July from 11am to 2pm in the main reception area at Southampton General Hospital
Representatives from the Trust will also be available for questions at the following events:
- Friday, 7 July from 9am to 3pm at Bargate, Southampton, where we will be hosted by South Central Ambulance Service
- Monday, 10 July from 6 to 8pm in the Heartbeat Education Centre at Southampton General Hospital, during the break of our bi-monthly members' evening
- Saturday, 15 July from 12 to 8pm at MELA Festival, Hoglands Park, Southampton
You are also welcome as a member of the public to attend the Council of Governors meeting on Tuesday, 11 July from 4.30 to 6pm in the Heartbeat Education Centre at Southampton General Hospital and see how the council operates.
If you'd like to stand as a governor, you can check that you're eligible and download a nomination form by clicking here.
You have until 5pm on Wednesday, 19 July to submit a nomination. Once the candidates have been finalised, voting will open on Thursday, 3 August until Tuesday, 29 August when it will close at 5pm.
The names of the elected governors will be declared on Wednesday, 30 August.
If you have any queries please contact Emma Abdulaal, membership manager, on 023 8120 4237 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on Wednesday 5 July 2017