Do you or someone you know have Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis?
If you would like to find out more, come along to our fourth inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) open day on Saturday, 17 March 2018. Registration and stands will be open from 9.30am with talks throughout the day, 10am to 2pm. This will take place in our Heartbeat Suite on F level.
If you are interested in joining us for this event, please email the IBD team to confirm your place. Free parking and refreshments will be available.
See below for the event schedule:
- 10am - welcome and guest opening
- 10.15am - Jonathan Gray, Pitmans Law - employee rights and long term sickness
- 10.45am - Cheryl Booker - patient self-management of IBD
- 11am - Melissa Fletcher - the IBD patient panel at UHS
- 11.15am - Peter Bond - the latest update from Crohn's and Colitis UK
- 11.30am - Mr Nick Beck - IBD and surgery
12 noon - lunch - light refreshments will be provided
- 12.30pm - Dr Fraser Cummings - an update on current research trials and IBD drugs
- 1pm - Anne Sanderson, IBD clinical nurse specialist - travel advice for patients with IBD
- 1.20pm - Dr Martin McDonnell - IBD and nutrition
- 1.50pm - Q&A and close
Find more information on our stands, open from 9.30am
- Crohn's and Colitis UK
- UHS IBD patient panel
- gastroenterology dietitians
- research and development teams
Stands will also be manned throughout lunch and after the event has closed.
Posted on Wednesday 7 March 2018