Infection prevention performance
We have carried out a range of proactive measures to prevent healthcare-associated infection. These measures include:
- adopting the National Patient Safety Agency 'Clean your Hands' campaign to improve hand hygiene practice;
- installing wall-mounted alcohol hand gels dispensers on all wards across the Trust for use by staff, patients and visitors;
- providing training in infection control and hand hygiene at induction for all new staff, and ensuring staff attend annual refresher training on infection control and hand hygiene;
- introducing a visitors' code, to ensure there is enough time for wards to be cleaned thoroughly, and to help us with infection control;
- screening all inpatients for MRSA, including emergency admissions.
Find out more including our latest figures for infections such as MRSA and Clostridium difficile in our Preventing infection section.