Operational plan 2017-19
Our operational plan summarises our aims for the next two years and how we'll achieve these. It also includes our approach to quality, activity, workforce and finance planning.
Our operational aims for 2017-19 are to:
- transform care pathways, deliver better health outcomes for our patients and reduce unnecessary delays
- improve patient experience
- centralise specialist care, ensuring routine care is provided in the ‘right setting, at the right time’
- increase capital by meeting our performance and financial commitments
- increase clinical engagement in service transformation
- develop more sustainable services within Hampshire and Isle of Wight
- continue organisational development, with a focus on quality.
How will we achieve this?
By developing our services
We'll improve our services by:
- reviewing clinical pathways and new models of care with our partners
- reducing unnecessary outpatient appointments, excess bed days and improving prevention
- improving patient flow into and out of our hospitals
- improving performance delivery, including our emergency four hour target performance
- delivering cost improvement plans of £60m over two years
- reducing our use of agency staff.
By improving quality
We'll improve quality by:
- improving safety, experience and outcomes for our patients
- delivering our workforce plan and increasing the number of apprentices in our hospital
- improving our CQC rating to good.
By reducing quality risks
- our current bed and occupancy rates
- our emergency four hour target performance
- staffing issues caused by a national shortage of skills.
With new developments
Our new developments will include:
- centralising specialist services where appropriate, such as vascular services for south east Hampshire and a new mechanical thrombectomy for stroke patients in Hampshire and the Isle of Wight
- creating sustainable services across the acute alliance
- more seven day services for emergency patients.
By modernising our infrastructure
Modernising our infrastructure is a key part of improving patient experience. We will:
- modernise our paediatric and adult emergency departments
- create a new hybrid theatre
- modernise our estate, including more critical care beds and cots
- become a leading IT centre of digital excellence.
Find out more about: