University Hospital Southampton is recognised as an IT leader within the NHS.
The informatics team at UHS Digital has overseen the development of a wide range of pioneering projects, to improve the delivery of healthcare services and improve patient outcomes.
We are currently leading an exciting programme to become a paperless digital exemplar trust. In 2016 we were awarded the status of Global Digital Exemplar (GDE) in recognition of the projects we have already rolled out.
Our digital programme encompasses a number of different projects. These include:
- Moving beyond records to full paperless workflow and no casenotes with our eDMS (Electronic Document Management System)
- Further developing our successful online digital patient record My Medical Record
- Enabling the workforce by delivering new communication tools in the form of messaging that can be linked to workflow and the record, such as our electronic messaging service Medxnote
- Updating infrastructure and bringing in new types of mobile and touch screen technology, like our iPad application digiRounds and the electronic whiteboards
- Enhanced prescribing with positive tie up between wrist bands and medication given
- Bringing together different datasets to monitor new information and trigger relevant clinical events
These projects will be delivered and supported by our experienced and passionate teams. These include the electronic patient record department, who help develop and support the clinical systems, and technologies which make up the electronic patient record, as well as our IT department, who provide PC, server and networking support.