Third round - NIHR BRC Education, Training and Career development Fund
The NIHR Southampton BRC are pleased to announce the Third round of funding from the Education, Training & Career Development Fund. A budget of 15k has been set aside for the year April 2018 – March 2019. The scheme has a limited budget and awards are therefore competitive.
The purpose is to:
- Offer funds of up to £500 to enable BRC aligned junior investigators and research staff to access training, education and career development opportunities (This includes both research delivery staff and researchers)
- Encourage and support BRC aligned junior investigators to disseminate their research
- Raise the profile of the achievements of BRC aligned junior investigators
Following experiences from the previous round we request that you carefully review the eligibility criteria. In particular we will not fund:
- More than £500 per applicant in 2018-19.
- We won’t fund if applicants don’t submit all requested paperwork e.g. CV and letter of support from supervisor
- Individuals who have alternative access to funds eg. NIHR Southampton BRC Academy members who already have a budget for training as part of their studentship/ fellowship, eligible to apply to the NIHR trainees funds.
For NIHR funded Academic Clinical Fellows and Clinical Lecturers: http://www.southampton.ac.uk/medicine/research/clinical_academic_training/funding_for_trainees.page.
Application and deadline
Please download and fill in the application form and supporting documents on the right. Then email them to SOAR@uhs.nhs.uk
The deadline for application is 13th March at 5.00pm.
If you have any enquiries about applications, please contact the NIHR Southampton BRC Training Leads: K.Mitchell@soton.ac.uk, for cross-cutting themes (data science, microbial science and behavioural science) and other healthcare professionals, M.Johnson@soton.ac.uk for nutrition theme, and Jlucas1@soton.ac.uk for respiratory and critical care theme.
For more information about our research theme, please visit our website.
The Announcement for successful applicants is late March.