Commercial contract research
We’re focussed on fast trial setup and delivery. Our commercial research team provides rapid access to all of our investigators, with assured contract, trial and recruitment management.
Across disciplines, across phases
Research active across therapeutic areas, and serving a regional population of three million, we deliver trials at every phase.
Delivering more than 650 trials across the hospital at any one time, our core capability combines hospital-integrated and early phase facilities currently working towards accreditation, with over 200 research nurses and allied health professionals working across hospital and community services.
Partnering with us gives you:
- rapid trial feasibility, start up and completion
- sourcing of quality investigators across specialities
- efficient regional patient recruitment, engagement and involvement
- integrated early phase clinical research facilities
- access to major clinical trials unit and expertise
- Prof Saul Faust, director NIHR Clinical Research Facility - experimental medical research and early phase trials
- Brandy Coote, UHS commercial research manager - later phase commercial contract trials
Recruitment and reach
We’re second in the UK for recruitment to clinical trials, with ourregional reach of three million people and patients and rapid studyfeasibility, setup and delivery processes. We have investigators in all of our services, including our regional specialist services in cancer, paediatric, respiratory, neurosurgery and neurology, cardiovascular, major trauma and musculoskeletal medicine.
Early phase delivery
Our NIHR translational infrastructure directors drive early phase research whilst four senior clinical-academic hospital research leads coordinate research activity across hospital services, and our 200+ research nurses are centrally managed, giving uninterrupted coverage for all studies.
With strong links to NHS partners throughout the region plus our local NIHR clinical and primary care research networks, we operate established models of combined care and research across hospital and primary care settings.