Physical exercise, sport and osteoarthritis
Southampton works with elite athletes, teams and organisations to better understand the nature of injuries, and use this information to improve and accelerate rehabilitation for all. Combined with our research into osteoarthritis and prevention strategies, we're working to keep people more mobile, for longer.
- Member of the Arthritis Research UK Centre for Sport, Exercise and Osteoarthritis.
- Using study of sport and exercise to understand mechanisms of movement dysfunction and joint damage.
- Developing innovative technologies and interventions for OA management
and extensive screening tools as biomarkers to predict risk of developing osteoarthritis
- Improved treatments for osteoarthritis resulting from sport and exercise injuries.
- Targeted prevention strategies to minimise risk of injury or joint damage & deterioration