Diprose, Dr Paul
BM FRCSEd FRCA
Cardiac anaesthesia and intensive care
Training and education
Anaesthesia training in Wessex and New Zealand.
Dr Diprose has worked for the Trust since February 2006.
- Development of peri-operative echocardiography
- Clinical lead for cardiac intensive care
- Diprose P, Herbertson MJ, O’Shaughnessy D, Gill RS. Activated recombinant factor VII after cardiopulmonary bypass reduces allogeneic transfusion after complex non-coronary cardiac surgery: a randomised double blind placebo controlled pilot trial. Br. J. Anaesth. 2005 95: 596-602
- Diprose P, Herbertson MJ, O'Shaughnessy D, Deakin CD, and Gill RS. Reducing allogeneic transfusion in cardiac surgery: a randomised double-blind placebo-controlled trial of antifibrinolytic therapies used in addition to intra-operative cell salvage. Br. J. Anaesth. 2005 94: 271-278
- Curzen N, Diprose P, George W, Tsang G. Novel treatment for critical aortic stenosis with severe aortic root calcification and coronary disease: combined left internal thoracic artery graft to left anterior descending coronary artery and deployment of transcatheter aortic valve implant under direct vision. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2013 epub ahead of print (in press).