Montague, Dr James P.
MA (Cantab), BMBCh (Oxon), FRCA
Anaesthesia for adult and congenital cardiac surgery and adult cardiac intensive care (CICU)
Training and education
- MA - Corpus Christi College, Cambridge, 1999 to 2002
- BMBCh (medical degree) - Green College, Oxford, 2002 to 2005
- FRCA - fellowship of the Royal College of Anesthetists
Dr Montague is a consultant anaesthetist who joined the Trust in 2018.
He studied preclinical medicine at the University of Cambridge and postgraduate medicine at the University of Oxford. After this, he completed anaesthesia specialty training in Wessex with advanced training in both paediatric and cardiac anaesthesia.
Since then, he's trained at Auckland City Hospital, New Zealand, completing further specialist training in perioperative echocardiography, cardiothoracic anaesthesia and intensive care before returning to Southampton as a consultant.
Dr Montague's clinical interests include:
- paediatric cardiac anaesthesia (anaesthesia for children having heart surgery)
- perioperative echocardiography (performing sonograms of the heart during surgery)
- blood conservation techniques
- big data in cardiac surgery.
You can contact Dr Montague by calling 023 8120 8707 or sending an email.