Miller, Dr Adrian
MA, MB BChir, PhD, MRCP
Training and education
- MA - University of Cambridge
- MB BChir (medical degree) - University of Cambridge
- MRCP (member of the Royal College of Physicians) - London
- Postgraduate medical training at Hammersmith, Royal Brompton, St George’s, Guy’s and St Thomas’ hospitals
- PhD - University College London
- MRC (Medical Research Council) research fellowship - MRC Centre for Neuromuscular Diseases, Queen Square, London
- Neurology registrar training at Imperial College hospitals and the National Hospital for Neurology & Neurosurgery, Queen Square
- Specialty certificate in neurology - Royal College of Physicians
After graduating with distinction from Cambridge, Dr Miller undertook postgraduate medical training in London before being awarded an MRC research fellowship at the MRC Centre for Neuromuscular Diseases and Institute of Neurology, Queen Square. He conducted laboratory and clinical trial research on sporadic inclusion body myositis (a progressive muscle disorder), for which he was awarded a PhD.
He then completed clinical neurology training at Imperial College Hospitals and the National Hospital for Neurology & Neurosurgery, Queen Square, before being appointed consultant neurologist in Winchester and Southampton.
Dr Miller holds a neuromuscular clinic in Southampton, a motor neurone disease multidisciplinary clinic in North Hampshire and a neuromuscular regional outreach clinic in Poole.
For enquiries or to make an outpatient referral, you can contact Dr Miller at the Wessex Neurological Centre through his secretary Claire Stanley - call 023 8120 4030 or send an email.