Raj, Dr Sanjay
Dr Sanjay RajMRCP, FRCR
Training and education
- MBBS (medical degree) - Royal Free Hospital School of Medicine, 1998
- MRCP (member of the Royal College of Physicians) - 2002
- Postgraduate medical training at the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital
- FRCR (fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists) - 2007
- Postgraduate oncology training at Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge
Dr Raj is a consultant clinical oncologist who joined the Trust in 2009. He sees patients in Southampton and Winchester.
He is experienced in treating early stage and advanced breast cancer using chemotherapy, radiotherapy and endocrine and biological agents. He is also involved in the development of new treatments like intensity modulated radiotherapy (a very precise form of radiotherapy), image guided radiotherapy and intraoperative radiotherapy (radiotherapy given during surgery).
Dr Raj is interested in the use of genomics (the study of genes and their functions) and predictive testing in early stage breast cancer. He is a postgraduate college tutor for the Royal College of Radiology.
- Introducing intensity modulated and image guided radiotherapy at UHS in the IMPORT HIGH clinical trial
- Delivered intraoperative radiotherapy as part of the TARGIT trial in Winchester
- Set up mortality and morbidity meetings for oncology since 2009
Awards and prizes
- Merit in MBBS pharmacology
Dr Raj is a principal investigator on over ten National Cancer Research Institute trials, including the IMPORT HIGH trial, TARGIT and FAST-Forward. He's also principal investigator of trials studying systemic and biological agents, including the PARTNER, ARTemis and SafeHER studies.
You can contact Dr Raj via his secretary Clare Clark - call 023 8120 8597 or send an email.