Lim, Dr Sean Hua
MBChLim, Dr Sean Hua (haematology) photoB, MRCP, PhD, FRCPath
Training and education
- University of Bristol medical school (MBChB)
- General medical training in London and Poole
- Specialist training in haematology in Poole, Bournemouth and Southampton
- MRC clinical research fellow at Southampton University Hospital (PhD)
- Postdoctoral research fellow at Stanford University, USA
Dr Lim joined the Trust and the University of Southampton in 2015, and is currently an associate professor and consultant in haematology.
She subspecialises in the management of lymphomas and undertook a PhD at the University of Southampton in lymphoma immunotherapy. Dr Lim also undertook further postdoctoral research experience at Stanford University, USA.
Awards and prizes
- Royal College of Pathologists Specialty Research Medal
- Cancer Research UK Clinician Scientist Award
- UK CLL Forum Catovsky Prize
- University of Southampton Academic Clinical Trainee Conference -Best oral presentation prize
- University of Southampton Cancer Sciences Division Conference -Poster prize
- University of Southampton and Southampton University NHS Trust Translational Research Conference- Poster prize
- Medical Research Council (UK) Clinical Research Training Fellowship Award
- Distinction in Pathology, Anaesthesia & Dermatology
- The Elizabeth Williams Memorial Fund Elective Bursary
- The Medicine Publishing Company & Glaxo-Wellcome Medical Fellowship Elective Grant Awards
Dr Lim's main research interest is in the understanding and development of new immunotherapies to treat B-cell lymphoma. In particular, her current research is focused on the use of immunostimulatory monoclonal antibodies in B-cell lymphoma.
Further information on her research and publications is available on the University of Southampton website.
You can contact Dr Lim via Lynn Mooney on 023 8120 8639 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.