Narayanan, Dr Srinivasan
MBBS, MRCP (UK), FRCPath (Haem)
Haemato-oncology and haemoglobinopathy disorders.
Training and education
- Undergraduate medical training at Dr.MGR Medical University, India, 1995 to 2001.
- Postgraduate medical training at Birmingham City Hospital, completed MRCP in July 2005.
- Specialist haematology training, Wessex region, 2006 to 2011.
Dr Narayanan has worked for the Trust as a consultant in haematology since March 2011.
- Dr Narayanan is interested in clinical research and has enrolled patients in multi-centre clinical trials for multiple myeloma, acute leukaemias and high risk myelodysplastic syndromes.
- T. Schneider, S. Narayanan. Single centre experience on the use of low dose subcutaneous Cytarabine in treatment of patients with high-risk myelodysplastic syndrome and acute myeloid leukaemia. Poster presentation at the 52nd Annual Scientific meeting, British Society for Haematology, April 2012.
- Dr.Mainwaring, C.Alderman, B.Kakarlamudi, T.Parker, S.Boyce, S.Narayanan, T.Burt, D.Furby. Time to rein in the overuse of the routine coagulation screen and reap the financial benefits? 153: (Supp1)p87, poster presentation at the 51st Annual Scientific meeting, British Society for Haematology, April 2011.