Erlewyn-Lajeunesse, Dr Michel
BSc, MBBS, DM, FRCPCHMich Erlewyn-Lajeunesse
Paediatric allergy and immunology
Training and education
Dr Mich Lajeunesse is an accredited specialist in paediatrics and paediatric allergy, immunology and infectious diseases. He's an accredited European paediatric allergy specialist.
He studied medicine at St Mary Hospital Medical School, now part of Imperial College, London. He undertook postgraduate research and training in paediatric allergy, immunology and infectious diseases in Southampton and Bristol.
Dr Erlewyn-Lajeunesse has worked for the Trust since January 2008 as a consultant in paediatric allergy. He provides local and regional services for children with complex and severe allergic diseases.
Southampton is one of only seven centres in the UK accredited for training specialists in paediatric allergy. In 2014, it was was recognised by the World Allergy Organization as a national centre of excellence in 2014.
Dr Lajeunesse has been a general paediatrician for many years and is a staff doctor for Naomi House Children’s Hospice.
- Honorary senior lecturer at the University of Southampton, and one of the teaching faculty for the prestigious MSc course in allergy
- Chair of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health's specialist advisory committee for paediatric allergy, immunology and infectious diseases (2013 to 2016)
- Module leader for the University of Southampton’s medical student selected study unit
Dr Erlewyn-Lajeunesse's publications include:
- Michel Erlewyn-Lajeunesse, Katrien Coppens, Linda Hunt, Pauline Chinnick, Patrick Davies, Ian Higginson and Jonathan Benger (2006). A randomised controlled trial of the combined use of paracetamol and ibuprofen. Archives of Disease in Childhood 91(5): 414-6.
- Michel DS Erlewyn-Lajeunesse, Sarah J Dobson, Puja Kochhar, Petr Pohunek, Linda P Hunt, Jane A Warner and John O Warner (2008) Bronchoalveolar lavage MMP-9 and TIMP-1 in preschool wheezers and their relationship to persistent wheeze. Pediatric Research 64(2): 194-9.
- Erlewyn-Lajeunesse M, Hunt LP, Heath PT, Finn A. Anaphylaxis as an adverse event following immunisation in the UK and Ireland. Arch Dis Child. 2012 Jan 23. 2012 Jun;97(6):487-90. doi: 10.1136/archdischild-2011-301163. Epub 2012 Jan 23. PMID: 22275307.
- Venkataraman D, Soto-Ramírez N, Kurukulaaratchy RJ, Holloway JW, Karmaus W, Ewart SL, Arshad SH, Erlewyn-Lajeunesse M. Filaggrin loss-of-function mutations are associated with food allergy in childhood and adolescence. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2014 Oct;134(4):876-882.e4. PMID: 25174864.
- Turner PJ, Southern J, Andrews NJ, Miller E, Erlewyn-Lajeunesse M; SNIFFLE Study Investigators. Safety of live attenuated influenza vaccine in atopic children with egg allergy. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2015 Feb 1 PMID: 25684279.
- Paul J. Turner, Jo Southern, Nick J. Andrews, Elizabeth Miller, Michel Erlewyn-Lajeunesse; on behalf of the SNIFFLE-2 Study Investigators (2015) Safety of Live Attenuated Influenza Vaccine in Children with Egg Allergy: a multi-centre, non-randomised intervention study. BMJ BMJ. 2015 Dec 8;351:h6291 PMID 26645895.