Beattie, Dr Robert Mark
FRCPCH MRCP MBBS BSc (hons)
Paediatric gastroenterology and nutrition
Dr Beattie has worked for the Trust since April 2000, as a consultant paediatric gastroenterologist.
From 1995 to 2000, he worked as a consultant paediatrician with an interest in paediatric gastroenterology, in Peterborough.
In 2007, Dr Beattie was appointed honorary senior lecturer in nutrition at the University of Southampton.
- Lead for paediatric gastroenterology and nutrition at Southampton General Hospital.
- Associate editor for Archives of Disease in Childhood.
- President of the British Society of Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, 2010 to 2013.
- Published widely in paediatric gastroenterology and nutrition.
- Author of multiple revision texts for the MRCPCH examination.
- Author of the Oxford Handbook of Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, published 2009.