Macintosh, Dr Iain Donald
MBChB, MRCP, MRCPCH, DCH
Paediatric intensive care
Training and education
- Edinburgh University Medical School, graduated MBChB, 1991
- Membership of the Royal College of Physicians, 1994
- Paediatric intensive care unit training in London and Melbourne
Dr Macintosh has worked for University Hospital Southampton since July 1995.
He has worked in paediatric intensive care in St Mary’s Hospital, Great Ormond Street Hospital and the Royal Children’s Hospital, Melbourne.
- Director of PICU (paediatric intensive care unit)
- Clinical governance lead for child health
- Chair of Hampshire A Research Ethics Committee
- Making co-enrolment feasible for randomised controlled trials in paediatric intensive care, Harron K, CATCH team et al. PLoS One 2012;7(8)e41791
- Consistency between guidelines and reported practice for reducing the risk of catheter-related infection in British paediatric intensive care unites, Harron K, CATCH team et al
- ‘Matching Michigan’- a 2 year stepped interventional programme to minimise central vein catheter-blood stream infections in intensive care units in England, The Matching Michigan Collaboration & Writing Committee. BMJ Qual Saf 2012;0:1-14