Hall, Dr Michael
Dr Mike HallMB ChB, FRCPH,FRCP,DCH
Training and education
Training posts in Aberdeen, Newcastle, London, Southampton and Toronto.
Dr Hall is a consultant paediatrician and neonatologist, and has worked for the Trust since 1983.
He was previously clinical director of child health, and is currently lead consultant neonatologist at Princess Anne Hospital. Dr Hall is a member of national committees relating to postgraduate education and paediatric nursing, and is currently chair of the national part 1 MRCPCH examination board.
- Sustained enjoyment of consultant roles in both neonatology and outpatient general paediatrics.
- Founding medical coordinator of the country’s first training course for advanced neonatal nurse practitioners.
- Section editor of "MasterCourse in Paediatrics” and co-editor of a textbook accepted for publication, to be entitled “A Scientific Basis for Perinatal Practice”.
- Hall MA, Cole CB, Smith SL, Fuller R, Rolles CJ. Factors influencing the presence of faecal lactobacilli in early infancy. Archives of Disease in Childhood 1990;65:185-188.
- Austin NC, Pairaudeau PW, Hames TK, Hall MA. Regional cerebral blood flow velocity changes following indomethacin infusion in premature infants. Archives of Disease in Childhood 1992;67(4):851-854.
- Millar MR, Bacon C, Smith SL, Walker V, Hall MA. Enteral feeding of premature infants with Lactobacillus GG. Archives of Disease in Childhood 1993;69:483-487.
- Hall MA, Cuttini M, Flemmer AW, Greisen G, Marlow N, Schulze A, Smith S, Valls-i-Soler A, Truffert P, Conole G, de Laat M.European online postgraduate educational programme in neonatology—the way forward? European Journal of Pediatrics 2008. Volume 168, Issue4 (2009), Page 449
A Foundation for Neonatal Practice. Hall MA, Noble AR, Smith SL. In Press (2009): Radcliffe Publishers.