Roberts, Professor Graham
DM MA MSc FRCPCHGraham Roberts
Paediatric allergy and respiratory medicine
Training and education
- Medicine - University of Oxford
- Paediatrics - Leeds and London
- Clinical research fellowship in paediatric allergy and respiratory medicine - Imperial College School of Medicine at St Mary’s (four years)
- Paediatric respiratory medicine - The Royal London Hospital and The Royal Brompton Hospital
Prof Roberts has worked for the Trust since November 2004. He treats children with allergies and respiratory problems in his clinic, and also cares for children admitted with respiratory and allergy problems at Southampton General Hospital.
Prof Roberts is a past chair of the paediatric section of the European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (EAACI) and a past member of the executive committee. He has coordinated the development of EEACI guidelines over the last decade and has organised a number of European research and training events.
- Published EAACI guidelines on allergen immunotherapy - 2017
- Published the LEAP study - 2015
- Published EAACI guidelines on food allergy and anaphylaxis - 2014
- Elected chair of paediatric section of the European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology - 2011
Prof Roberts was appointed clinical senior lecturer at the University of Southampton in 2004, was promoted to reader in 2007 and professor in 2011.
Prof Roberts is director of the David Hide Asthma and Allergy Research Centre on the Isle of Wight, where he has a large research programme. His research programme also covers Southampton, and focuses on understanding why children develop allergies and asthma and how their lives can be improved. These projects are run in collaboration with many of his allergy and respiratory colleagues in Southampton and the rest of Wessex. Prof Roberts's research programme is currently funded by Asthma UK, NIHR and the NIH.