Bharucha, Dr Tara
MB BChir MA (Cantab) MRCP FESC
Transthoracic and transoesophageal echocardiography, fetal echocardiography
Training and education
- MB BChir, University of Cambridge Medical School, 1997.
- MRCP, London, 2002.
- Accreditation in congenital echocardiography, European Society of Cardiology, 2006.
- Fellowship in heart failure, transplant and pulmonary hypertension, Melbourne Australia, 2007 to 2008.
- CCT in paediatric cardiology, 2009.
- Fellowship in echocardiology and fetal cardiology, Toronto, Canada, 2010 to 2011.
Dr Bharucha is a consultant paediatric cardiologist who joined the Trust in November 2012. She provides general paediatric cardiology clinics at Southampton General Hospital, Queen Alexandra Hospital (Portsmouth), and Derriford Hospital (Plymouth), and is a research lead for the department of congenital cardiology.
Awards and prizes
- Outstanding research award in pediatric cardiology, American Heart Association, 2008.
Dr Bharucha's research interests include paediatric echocardiography and three dimensional echocardiography.
Find out more about Dr Bharucha's publications.
You can contact Dr Bharucha via her secretary, Mrs Sharon Henley, on 023 8120 6724 or by emailing Sharon.Henley@uhs.nhs.uk.