Hayes, Dr Nicholas
BSc MBChB MRCPCH
Congenital cardiac catheter intervention
Training and education
- BSc (bachelor of science) - University of Bristol, 1997
- MBChB (medical degree) - University of Bristol, 2000
- MRCPCH (member of the Royal College Paediatrics and Child Health) - London, 2004
- CCT (certificate of completion of training) in paediatric cardiology - 2010
- Congenital intervention fellowship - Evelina Children's Hospital, London, 2011-2012
Dr Hayes joined the Trust in June 2013 as a consultant paediatric and interventional congenital cardiologist.
He has undertaken post-graduate training in general paediatrics, and subsequent paediatric cardiology training in London at Evelina Children’s, Royal Brompton and Great Ormond Street hospitals. Following completion of this training, Dr Hayes gained an additional two years of dedicated sub-specialty experience in paediatric and adult congenital intervention at Evelina Children’s Hospital.
Dr Hayes is experienced in the diagnosis, assessment and management of congenital heart disease. He has particular expertise in diagnostic and therapeutic catheter intervention, a procedure that can be used to repair a heart defect without surgery.
- Current Wessex training programme director for paediatric cardiology
- Paediatric cardiology specialist advisory committee member
Dr Hayes' research interests include paediatric and congenital intervention. His work is published regularly in peer-reviewed journals.
You can contact Dr Hayes via his secretary Emma Saunders - send an email or call 023 8120 5920. Faxes should be sent to 023 8120 4526.