Wilson, Dr Peter
Peter WilsonMBChB MRCP MRCPCH
Paediatric intensive care
Training and education
- MBChB at the University of Cape Town, South Africa, 1993 to 1998
- MRCP/MRCPCH in London, February 1997
- Paediatric intensive care unit training at Great Ormond Street Hospital, Guy's Hospital, New Children's Hospital (Sydney, Australia), and Cambridge.
Dr Wilson has worked for the Trust since September 2003. He is a consultant in paediatric intensive care, and led the PICU retrieval service between 2003 and 2006. In 2007, he became director of the unit. Dr Wilson is now clinical division lead.
- Increasing the bed capacity on PICU.
- Establishing the divisional medical devices group.
- Securing the re-tender of the MOD paediatric aeromedical contract, and the MOD paediatric surgical nursing contract for Cyprus.
- Gaining funding for the PICU psychotherapy support service, which will improve care for patients, their families and staff.
Awards and prizes
Level 2 clinical excellence award
- Stephens R, Fidler K, Wilson P, Barclay R, Mythen M et al.
Endotoxin Immunity and the development of the systemic inflammatory response syndrome in critically ill children.
Crit Car Med 2006 Feb;32(2):286-294.
- Fidler KJ, Wilson P, Davies J, Turner M, Klein N, Peters MJ.
Increased Incidence and Severity of the Systemic Inflammatory Response Syndrome in Patients Deficient in Mannose Binding Lectin. Int Car Med 2004 Jul; 30(7), 1438-45