Fityan, Dr Adam
BM BSc(Hons) FRCP(UK)(Dermatology)
Photodermatology, paediatric dermatology and medical dermatology
Training and education
- First class degree in biomedical science - University of Southampton (2004)
- University of Southampton medical school (2005)
- Completion of higher training in dermatology MRCP (Dermatology) (UK) 2011
Dr Fityan joined the Trust as a consultant dermatologist in January 2014. He has an interest in medical dermatology, photodermatology (the effects of light on skin disease) and paediatric dermatology. In addition to the provision of general dermatology clinics for patients with inflammatory skin disease, he also manages inpatients at the Southampton General Hospital with acute dermatological disorders.
His specialist clinics include:
- a paediatric dermatology clinic
- a joint clinic with rheumatology colleagues for patients with complex connective tissue disease
- the regional clinic for the condition hidradenitis suppurativa
- a specialist regional photodermatology clinic investigating and caring for patients with skin conditions brought on or worsened by exposure to light, including but not limited to polymorphic light eruption, solar urticaria, cutaneous porphyrias and chronic actinic dermatitis.
In addition, he works one day a week as an honorary consultant dermatologist at the St John’s Institute of Dermatology at Guy’s Hospital, London, within the specialist photodermatology and cutaneous porphyria clinic.
Dr Fityan is the postgraduate lead for training in dermatology and the lead for phototherapy and photodermatology in Southampton.