Tehami, Dr Nadeem A
BSc, MRCP (UK), MRCP Gastroenterology, FEBGH, FRCP (Glasg)
Hepatology (liver) and hepatobiliary (gallbladder and bile ducts) medicine
Training and education
- Undergraduate education/training - Quaid-e-Azam University, Army Medical College, Pakistan (2002)
- General medical SHO rotation - London South Thames rotation (2004-07)
- Gastroenterology/hepatology training in various institutions in London, Glasgow and Birmingham between 2007 and 2014 including West Midlands gastroenterology/hepatology rotation
- Transplant hepatology module - University Hospital of Birmingham (2012-13)
- HPB endoscopy fellowship - Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust (2013-14)
Dr Tehami is a consultant gastroenterologist who specialises in hepatology and hepatobiliary medicine. He joined UHS in August 2018. He previously worked as a consultant hepatologist at Shrewsbury and Telford Hospitals NHS Trust for over three years before joining UHS.
He looks after patients with a wide range of hepatopancreaticobiliary (HPC) problems, but has a specialist interest in HPB endoscopy (ERCP/EUS). His clinical role is divided into inpatient ward work, outpatient clinics and endoscopy lists.
Dr Tehami's main clinical interests are HPB medicine and endoscopy, endoscopy teaching and training, and improving patient care through education of other health professionals and service development.
- MRCP PACES examiner
- Member of the MRCP part 1/2 question writing group
- Advance life support instructor (Resus Council UK certified)
- JAG accredited endoscopy trainer
- Part of the faculty on PACES and endoscopy training courses overseas
- Reviewer for Journal of Medical Sciences KMC
- Dr Tehami cofounded an organisation called PAGHE and initiated the overseas doctors development programme. Under this banner a national conference was arranged for junior doctors which was attended by over 100 delegates. The purpose was to support and guide international medical graduates for the best patient care in the NHS.
- Dr Tehami has conducted several interview courses overseas for prospective RCP MTI (Medical Training Initiative) programme applicants as an effort to support NHS recruitment.
- Dr Tehami has an active interest in telemedicine and FOAMed. He has produced several eductional videos for patients and endoscopy nurses.
Below is a selection of Dr Tehami's most recent publications:
- Non-selective β-blockers are associated with improved survival in patients with ascites listed for liver transplantation. Gut. 2015 Jul 1;64(7):1111-9.
- Comparing clinical presentations, treatments and outcomes of hepatocellular carcinoma due to hepatitis C and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. QJM: An International Journal of Medicine. 2017 Feb 1;110(2):73-81.
- Isolated unilateral tongue oedema: the adverse effect of angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors. Current drug safety. 2012 Nov 1;7(5):382-3.
- Extrahepatic manifestations of hepatitis C. Frontline gastroenterology. 2013 Nov 4:flgastro-2013.
- Probiotics' Effects on Perception of Health and Bowel Frequency: A Double Blind Randomized Placebo Controlled Clinical Trial. Gastroenterology. 2017 Apr 1;152(5):S819.
You can contact Dr Tehami via the hepatology secretaries on 023 8120 4129.