Cooper, Professor Cyrus
MBBS, DM, FRCP, FFPH, FMedSci
Osteoporosis and metabolic bone disease
Training and education
- Qualification: Cambridge and St Bartholomew's Hospital, general internal medicine, Southampton University Hospitals NHS Trust.
- Higher training in rheumatology at the Royal National Hospital for Rheumatic Diseases, Bath and Bristol Royal Infirmary.
- International training at the MAYO Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA.
Professor Cooper has worked for the Trust since April 1992.
He became a professor of rheumatology in 1996, and took up the position of director of the MRC Epidemiology Resource Centre, University of Southampton, in 2003. Professor Cooper was appointed as the Norman Collisson Chair of Musculoskeletal Sciences, University of Oxford, in 2007.
Awards and prizes
- Duchess of Cornwall Award for services to osteoporosis, 2009
- NIHR Senior Clinical Investigator, 2009
- Hospital Doctor of the Year (rheumatology), 2005
Information on Professor Cooper's research and publications is available on the University of Southampton website.