Holroyd, Dr Christopher
BM MRCP FRCP
Biological therapies for inflammatory arthritis
Training and education
Dr Holroyd joined the Trust as a consultant rheumatologist in January 2012.
As well as running a variety of general and specialist rheumatology clinics, he leads the biological therapies review service for patients receiving biological therapies for inflammatory arthritis. He also leads the combined rheumatology –gastroenterology service with a monthly combined clinic, and in addition runs two general rheumatology clinics per week where he cares for patients with a spectrum of inflammatory and non-inflammatory rheumatic conditions.
Dr Holroyd's special interests include inflammatory arthritis (specifically rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis), biological therapies and musculoskeletal ultrasound.
- Dr Holroyd's biological therapies service was awarded the British Society of Rheumatology's 'Best practice exemplar hub (outstanding)' award in 2013.
- The biological therapies service was selected by the British Society of Rheumatology to represent rheumatology at the 'Innovations within the NHS' meeting at the House of Lords, 2014.
Awards and prizes
- EULAR centre of excellence, 2015 (rheumatology department)
- New investigator award, National Osteoporosis Society, 2014
- BSR Best practice exemplar hub (outstanding), 2013 (biological therapies service)
- Dr Holroyd is interested in all aspects of clinical research and is currently principle investigator (PI) or sub-PI on several NIHR CRN portfolio studies and actively recruits to appropriate clinical trials.
- He is currently completing a PhD with the MRC lifecourse epidemiology unit.
You can contact Dr Holroyd via his secretary on 023 8120 6360.