Seth, Dr Rakhi
BM, BSc, MRCP, MSc, FRCP
Rheumatology and general internal medicine
Inflammatory arthritis, musculoskeletal ultrasound
Training and education
- BSc (Biomedical Science), University of Southampton, 2004
- BM, University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust, 2005
- MRCP, Royal College of Physicians, London, 2009
- MRCP Rheumatology, Royal College of Physicians, London, 2013
- MSc (Musculoskeletal Ultrasound), Bournemouth University, 2014
- FRCP - Royal College of Physicians, 2018
Dr Seth joined the Trust in 2014 as a consultant rheumatologist and leads the early inflammatory arthritis service.
She has a clinical interest in the diagnosis and management of inflammatory arthritis, including rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis. She also has an interest in the treatment of osteoarthritis, crystal arthritis (including gout), osteoporosis and autoimmune connective tissue diseases such as lupus.
Dr Seth trained at University Hospital Foundation Trust and completed an MSc in musculoskeletal ultrasound to support her interest in the use of ultrasound in the early diagnosis and management of early inflammatory arthritis.
She is actively involved in research into new therapies including biological therapies for the treatment of inflammatory arthritis such as rheumatoid arthritis.
- Lead consultant rheumatologist for the early inflammatory arthritis service at UHS and development of a patient education programme
- An MSc in musculoskeletal ultrasound to support the early diagnosis and management of inflammatory arthritis
- Publication of Cochrane systematic literature reviews and of international guidelines on the management of gout, 2014
Awards and prizes
The European League Against Rheumatism (EULAR) centre of excellence award for the rheumatology department at UHS, 2015
Dr Seth is interested in all aspects of clinical research and is currently sub-principle investigator on several different trials in rheumatology.
Main rheumatology publications:
- Seth R, Kydd A, Falzon L, Bombardier C, van der Heijde D, Edwards CJ. Preventing attacks of acute gout when introducing urate-lowering therapy: a systematic literature review. The Journal of Rheumatology, September 2014.
- Kydd A, Seth R, Buchbinder R, Falzon L, Edwards CJ, van der Heijde D, Bombardier C. Urate Lowering Therapy for the Management of Gout: a summary of two Cochrane reviews. The Journal of Rheumatology, September 2014.
- Seth R, Kydd A, Buchbinder R, Bombardier C, Edwards CJ. Allopurinol for chronic gout. Cochrane systematic literature review, October 2014.
- Kydd A, Seth R, Buchbinder R, Edwards CJ, Bombardier C. Uricosuric medications for chronic gout. Cochrane systematic literature review, November 2014.
- Sivera F, Andres M, Carmona L, Kydd A, Moi J, Seth R et al. Multinational evidence-based recommendations for the diagnosis and management of gout: integrating systematic literature review and expert opinion of a broad panel of rheumatologists in the 3e initiative. Annals of Rheumatic Disease, July 2013.
You can contact Dr Seth via patient pathway coordinator Rajan Rattan - call 023 8120 8723 or send an email.