Nugent, Miss Karen
MA MS MEd FRCS
Pelvic floor surgery and colorectal surgery
Training and education
- St Catharine's College, Cambridge
- St Bartholomew's Hospital, London
- St Mark's Hospital and Wessex rotation
Miss Nugent trained as a research registrar at St Mark's Hospital before being appointed in Wessex as a registrar and senior registrar. She spent six months in St Antoine, Paris doing pouch surgery, and a year in Basingstoke doing rectal cancer surgery.
Since starting as a senior lecturer, Miss Nugent has developed a pelvic floor practice for coloproctology linked with the urogynaecologists.
- President of Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland
- Head of school of surgery for Wessex deanery
- President elect of coloproctology section of Royal Society of Medicine.
Awards and prizes
- Hunterian Professor, 1994
- Masters in Surgery, 2004
- Masters in Education, 2002
Miss Nugent has interests in pelvic floor and functional research.
Information on Miss Nugent's research and publications is available on the University of Southampton website.