Chedgy, Mr Edmund Charles Paul
MBBS, MSc, FRCS (Urol.)
Urological oncology and robotics
Training and education
- BSc (Hons) in pharmacology with biomedical science - King's College, London (2003)
- MBBS (medical degree) - Guy's, King's and St Thomas' School of Medicine, King's College, London (2006)
- MSc in healthcare management - University of Surrey (2013)
- FRCS (urology) - Royal College of Surgeons of England, London (2014)
- Core surgical training - Wessex and Severn Deanery
- Higher specialist urology training - Wessex Deanery
- Uro-oncology fellowship - University of British Columbia, Vancouver
Mr Chedgy is a consultant urological surgeon who joined the Trust in March 2018.
Mr Chedgy has a subspecialist interest in uro-oncology. In particular, he has expertise in the management of prostate and kidney cancer. He is trained to operate using robotics, and is performing robotic radical prostatectomy.
He is currently developing the laparoscopic retroperitoneal radical nephrectomy service, which will enable certain patients who need to have a kidney removed to be treated at UHS instead of having to go further afield. He's looking to develop the robotic partial nephrectomy service at UHS in the near future.
Outside of direct clinical care, Mr Chedgy has a specialist interest in healthcare management. He has led on a number of quality improvement projects in previous posts and is excited to bring this experience to UHS.
Awards and prizes
- Winner - CUA-AUA International Fellows Program, Canada
- Distinction in MSc healthcare management
- Third prize in Malcolm Coptcoat Spring Short Papers meeting, RSM, London
Mr Chedgy completed a two-year uro-oncology fellowship at the University of British Columbia, Vancouver. The first year was dedicated to both clinical and basic science research in prostate and bladder cancer, resulting in a number of publications. The second (clinical) year was dedicated to the treatment of all urological cancers in a high volume centre. In particular, he developed his robotic surgical skills during this time.