A warm welcome to you as a new doctor working in University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust. We hope that you will take the opportunity to learn and educate yourselves as well as working hard and enjoying your time in Southampton.
Your induction is divided into the three timescales outlined below. These web pages provide you with all the relevant information you will need to know and complete before you start work at the Trust in a few weeks' time. All six compulsory elements (as below) must be completed before study leave can be granted. Failure to do this would be regarded as failure to follow Trust policies. A contract of employment cannot be issued until all induction requirements have been fully completed.
The six compulsory elements
- Full attendance to induction day is mandatory
- Return completed signature sheet to the Education Centre (page 3, 4 and 5 of doctors' induction checklist plus competency checklist for grades FY2, ST1, ST2)
- Make sure you have completed all relevant modules/MCQs on the web based induction training. Visit before you start section to register for a login. You will then receive an approval email with 48 hours. As you complete each module, they will turn green in the menu on the right hand side. Please remember to click the INTRO and read the information as once ALL modules turn green, electronic notification will be sent to the Education Centre.
- Complete all relevant statutory and mandatory modules. Visit before you start section for links to the modules (see links at bottom of the page). Remember: Print all certificates and return them to the Education Centre
- Complete local departmental induction
- ANTT (Aseptic Non Touch Technique) theory training (this link can only be accessed from a computer connected to the Trust's network) Complete within four weeks of start date.
Please begin your induction by selecting the 'Before you start' graphic link, provided below:
You will be able to use these pages for future reference if required.