Health services library
Here to help, here to support
For UHS staff
We can help you with your information needs for research, education, management and clinical practice.
To find out more about our services, please visit our dedicated NHS Library homepage.
You can access your library resources via Staffnet (only accessible from a Trust computer) or find us in South Academic Block, on level A.
To become a member of the library please register with us.
Here are just some of the benefits available to you:
- NHS OpenAthens - the online doorway to quick, reliable information for you as a health professional. With your NHS OpenAthens login, you can find healthcare databases, journals and eBooks by visiting NICE Evidence.
- DynaMed Plus - a point-of-care clinical reference tool, available as a website and a phone app to help you make the best clinical decisions in the moment with the most up to date evidence. Access it with your NHS OpenAthens account.
- KnowledgeShare - a personalised current awareness service providing fortnightly updates signposting the latest publications, specifically tailored to your interests.
To get in touch, please call us on 023 8120 6541 (extension 6541), email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
You can follow us on Twitter: @hslib
For members of the public
You're welcome to visit us and use the health services library for reference purposes.
We have free Wi-Fi available and will gladly help you access this from your personal device.
- For health information, please visit nhs.uk.
- For more information about a specific condition, please visit Health A-Z.
- For more information about your medicines, please visit Medicines A-Z.