Cardiac surgery nurses
Our operations matron is Kate Dawson.
Nurse case managers
Our nurse case managers can advise, educate and support you and your relatives from pre-assessment through to returning home. They manage the cardiac surgery waiting lists, and make sure resources are put to their best use. They help with the transfer of patients from other hospitals who need urgent treatment, run team meetings, and collect data.
- Matthew Anthony, nurse case manager to Mr Kaarne, Mr Viola, Mr Lavrsen and Mr Velissaris
- Christina Bannister, nurse case manager to Mr Ohri
- Emma Hope, nurse case manager to Mr Tsang and Mr Miskolczi
- Sheryl Delafuente, nurse case manager to Mr Barlow
TAVI specialist nurses
- Natalie Dawson, TAVI specialist nurse
- Dan McGrath, TAVI specialist nurse. Dan also runs the pre-operative anaemia service.
Jenneh Phipps and Jing Yang are our nurse practitioners.
Advanced nurse practitioners
Our advanced nurse practitioners are ward-based, and work alongside our ward and surgical teams. They make sure you have had the correct pre-operative workup when you come in for surgery, and that investigations needed after your operation are requested, performed and reviewed on time. They are available to support you and your and family during your stay.
Surgical care practitioners
These are experienced nurses and operating department practitioners working in our surgical teams in theatre and on the wards.
Our transfer coordinators make sure you are in the right place at the right time. They help with admissions and discharges, and help to organise further operations and regional transfers.