Meet the team
We have a number of specialist nurses to give you support and advice as appropriate. Special areas of nursing expertise include neuro-oncology and neurovascular surgery.
- Mr Diederik Bulters specialises in vascular neurosurgery
- Mr Jonathan Duffill specialises in neurovascular surgery and neuro-oncology
- Mr Paul Grundy specialises in neuro-oncology
- Miss Dorothy Lang specialises in neurosurgery, paediatric neurosurgery and skull base surgery - she is also the clinical lead for neuroscience
- Mr Nijagunashivayogi Mathad specialises in neurosurgery, paediatric neurosurgery, skull base surgery and neuroendocrine surgery
- Mr Ryan Waters specialises in neurosurgery, paediatric neurosurgery and neurotrauma
Our team also has specialist neuroanaesthetists, who provide anaesthesia for the whole range of emergency and non-emergency neurosurgery.
Patients who have or who are suspected to have brain tumours might be referred to the Wessex neuro-oncology multi-disciplinary team for an opinion on the best way of investigating and treating their condition.