Breast care nurse specialists
Our unit has a team of five breast care nurse specialists - Catherine Walsh, Kye Squire, Emma Bourne, Caroline Evans and Helen Perry.
You can phone for advice on 023 8120 3753 or ask to see a breast care nurse if you are at the hospital having investigations for breast symptoms.
The breast care nurses are available Monday to Thursday during office hours and until lunchtime on Fridays.
If you have an urgent query and are unable to contact the breast care nurse team you should contact your GP.
Our nurses will provide
- information on diagnosis and treatment
- support before, during and after treatment for you and your family
- an ongoing link for you with other medical staff
- a prosthesis fitting service and advice on suitable bras and clothing
- financial help through grant applications.
For further information see the breast care nursing team factsheet.
Additional support and information can be found in the Macmillan Cancer Information and Support Centre at Southampton General Hospital, the Wessex Cancer Trust and Breast Cancer Care.
The breast care nurses were nominated for the 2016/17 Hospital Heroes Make the Change: Think UHS award.