Our radiotherapy treatment centre has been purpose built to treat people with cancer, and is bright, spacious and welcoming.
We have a large waiting room, with a television and a coffee and snack bar run by the League of Friends.
Our unit is modern with advanced radiotherapy equipment, including
- six linear accelerators (with a seventh being installed in early 2018) which deliver targeted external radiotherapy treatment.
- one deep x-ray therapy unit for treating superficial lesions
- two CT simulators for precise treatment planning
- one selectron machine, delivering internal treatment.
Patients from the Channel Islands being treated at our department may be accommodated at the nearby Jury's Inn hotel or the Ocean Village apartments. You'll be in regular contact with our radiotherapy staff and liaison nurses.
Jury's Inn hotel
Patients staying at this three-star hotel will benefit from
- a buffet breakfast and dinner at the hotel each day (patients only)
- a communal area with free internet access
- taxi service between the hotel and radiotherapy department.
Ocean Village apartments
Patients staying at the Ocean Village apartments will benefits from
- a link bus provided by Wessex Cancer Trust to take you to and from the hospital for your treatment
- close proximity to historial landmarks in Southampton such as the old town walls, museums and Titanic history.
Macmillan Information and Support Centre
The Macmillan Information and Support Centre is nearby on B level, which is a warm and welcoming drop-in facility for you, your family and friends.
Trained staff and volunteers work at the centre. It offers an information library, complementary therapies (by appointment), counselling and benefits advice.
The centre is open Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm.