Our facilities: Piam Brown unit
Piam Brown ward is a ten bedded inpatient ward providing 24 hour care. There are four single cubicles with an en-suite and a four bedded bay and a two bedded bay, which we try to keep available for adolescents. Beds and rooms are allocated on the basis of medical needs.
Each bed on the ward has a television and playstation games at the bedside. Other facilities include:
- Play room, school room and adolescent room.
- A day care ward.
- A kitchen area where parents can bring in food to cook for their children if necessary.
- A quiet lounge for parents.
- A sitting room for parents and visitors.
- Shower and toilet facilities for parents and carers.
- A kitchen for parents to prepare and cook food for themselves and their family.
- A washing room with a washing machine and tumble dryer.
- CLIC Haven, a place where families can stay whilst their child is in hospital.