Rheumatology achievements banner
Children's rheumatology achievements
JIA art exhibition at Southampton Art Gallery
In January Southampton art gallery held an exhibition of artwork about JIA. This was a great chance to see all the fantastic pictures drawn by children with JIA and to make people more aware of the disease. Have a look at some of the pictures in the gallery below.
Fundraising in 2013
Throughout 2013 we held a whole host of fundraising events from summer bbq's to spinathons and masquerade balls. As a result we managed to raise just over £10,000 which is a brilliant achievement. Thank you to everyone who put in so much hard work to help organise these events as well as to all those who donated. We couldn't have done it without your tremendous support.
In particular we wanted to thank:
- HMS Edinburgh Warrant officers and chief petty officers for raising £1306.60
- Samuel Adshead for raising £455
- Everyone who took part in the spinathon which raised £455
- 4th Romsey Scouts for raising £500
- Natasha Sadler for organising a 20-mile bike ride which raised £1300
- Everyone who attended and helped organise the masquerade charity gala ball which raised a staggering £6000.
Have a look at some of the pictures from these events in the gallery below:
Best paediatric medical team 2012
Our proudest moment of 2012 has to be winning Paediatric Medical Team of the Year at the UK Well Child Awards in London, and meeting Prince Harry. This was an outstanding achievement for the team, and one that we will never forget. We are proud to have been nominated for this, and will continue to strive as a great team offering exceptional care to our children and families.
Paediatric medical team of the year award 2012