Completed research projects
COMPASS 1: Parental support is a PIC challenge
This study aimed to design and test a questionnaire assessing parental attitudes and in particular to identify differences between mothers and fathers. The authors presented this at the world congress of paediatric intensive care in Boston in 2003 and won the oral presentation prize.
COMPASS 2: Mothers and fathers
Multidisciplinary peer-reviewed publications
- Hypothermia therapy after traumatic brain injury in children. Hutchison JS, Ward RE, Lacroix J, Hébert PC, Barnes MA, Bohn DJ, Dirks PB, Doucette S, Fergusson D, Gottesman R, Joffe AR, Kirpalani HM, Meyer PG, Morris KP, Moher D, Singh RN, Skippen PW; Hypothermia Pediatric Head Injury Trial Investigators and the Canadian Critical Care Trials Group. N Engl J Med. 2008 Jun 5;358(23):2447-56.
- Prediction of raised intracranial pressure complicating severe traumatic brain injury in children: implications for trial design. Forsyth RJ, Parslow RC, Tasker RC, Hawley CA, Morris KP; UK Paediatric Traumatic Brain Injury Study Group; Paediatric Intensive Care Society Study Group (PICSSG).Pediatr Crit Care Med. 2008 Jan;9(1):8-14.
- Representations of disability in nursing and healthcare literature: an integrative review. Boyles CM, Bailey PH, Mossey S.J Adv Nurs. 2008 May;62(4):428-37. Epub 2008 Mar 19. Review.
- Consensus guidelines for sustained neuromuscular blockade in critically ill children. Playfor S, Jenkins I, Boyles C, Choonara I, Davies G, Haywood T, Hinson G, Mayer A, Morton N, Ralph T, Wolf A; United Kingdom Paediatric Intensive Care Society Sedation, Analgesia and Neuromuscular Blockade Working Group.Paediatr Anaesth. 2007 Sep;17(9):881-7.
- Consensus guidelines on sedation and analgesia in critically ill children. Playfor S, Jenkins I, Boyles CM, Choonara I, Davies G, Haywood T, Hinson G, Mayer A, Morton N, Ralph T, Wolf A; United Kingdom Paediatric Intensive Care Society Sedation; Analgesia and Neuromuscular Blockade Working Group.Intensive Care Med. 2006 Aug;32(8):1125-36. Epub 2006 May 13.
- Thyroid hormone abnormalities and neonates undergoing open-heart surgery. Ross O.Paediatr Anaesth. 2007 Mar;17(3):300-1; author reply 301. No abstract available.
- Effectiveness of Arndt endobronchial blockers in pediatric scoliosis surgery: a case series. Bird GT, Hall M, Nel L, Davies E, Ross O. Paediatr Anaesth. 2007 Mar;17(3):289-94.