Ready, Steady, Go
Transition to adult care: Ready Steady Go
In healthcare, we use the word transition to describe the process of preparing, planning and moving from children’s to adult services.
We understand that moving away from a team of doctors and nurses that you have been with for many years can be scary but hopefully, by getting involved in the transition process, you will feel more confident and happier about the move.
To support you through transition, we've developed the Ready Steady Go transition programme.
Who is it for?
- You, if you or your child, is over 11 years old with a long-term condition.
What is it?
- A programme to help you gain the knowledge and skills to manage your condition.
- Improves long-term outcomes.
- Helps you gain the confidence and skills to move to adult services.
- Ask your team about the Ready Steady Go programme.
For more information please see our moving into adult care patient information leaflet.
Please see our useful links page for support and advice with various topics.