Lost or damaged hearing aids and earmoulds

NHS hearing aids and earmoulds are provided on loan to people with a hearing impairment. If your hearing aid or ear mould is lost or damaged, please contact the Audiology department.

You may be charged to replace the lost or damaged hearing aid. The Lost/Damaged aid Panel will decide if you will be charged. There is a standard fee of £80 per aid.

You have the right to appeal against any possible charge. This must be done in writing.

Exemptions are made if you receive any of the following:

  • Pension Credit
  • Income Support
  • Working Family Tax Credit
  • Low income form (HC2 OR HC3)
  • Job Seekers Allowance

Individuals receiving financial support as shown above will need to show a member of staff their exemption certificate, letter or dated card.

The Panel will write informing you of their decision. If the decision is made to apply the charge, you will receive an invoice from the Trust's Invoicing Department.

Address for appeal letters:

Department of Audiology and Hearing Therapy
Lost Aid Panel
Mailpoint OAU
Royal South Hants Hospital
Brintons Terrace