Critical care outreach team
We're a team of specialist nurses with experience in providing critical and acute care. We're on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
We support all unwell adults in our hospitals, helping to prevent you from needing to go into critical care. We also help to speed up the process of being admitted to critical care if you do need to go there.
Our work includes
- stabilising and managing very unwell adults in our hospitals
- giving support and advice to other healthcare professionals
- providing a 24/7 response to all adult emergency call across the Trust
- delivering education, both formally and at bedsides
- reviewing all adult patients who have been discharged from the general intensive care unit (GICU) to a ward.
Half of our team are advanced nurse practitioners, and the other half are working towards this. This means that we have the skills to diagnose you, make decisions regarding your treatment and prescribe medications to tackle life threatening conditions such as sepsis as quickly as possible.
We're based on E level, Centre Block in Southampton General Hospital.