The Paediatric Family Support Service offers parents and children an opportunity to talk about a child's eye condition and get help with accessing support services. You can spend extra time with a qualified specialist, in addition to your usual consultant appointments, and have the chance to involve the rest of the family in discussions.
Support is tailored to your individual needs and can include:
- Providing more information about the condition that your child has (their diagnosis) and what it means for your family.
- Explaining how your child's condition and treatment may progress over time (their prognosis).
- Putting you in touch with other services such as educational support, social services and voluntary groups.
- A chance to discuss your feelings and get emotional support.
- Answering, or help you find answers to, your health-related questions.