Meet the team
The eye unit short stay team is made up of:
- Consultants - senior doctors who have completed all of their training in a specialist field of medicine.
- Specialist registrars - doctors who are receiving advanced training in a specialist field of medicine.
- Senior house officers - doctors who are receiving specialist training to become a specialist registrar.
- Staff grades - clinic-based doctors who do not operate.
- Associate specialists - clinic-based doctors who do not operate.
- Senior sister - responsible for the management of the nursing and clerical staff within the unit and has overall responsibility for the care of all patients having surgery or who have been admitted as an inpatient.
- Junior sister - supports the senior sister on a daily basis and deputises in her absence.
- Staff nurses - specially trained nurses and/or with many years experience in opthalmology.
- Health care assistants - support the nurses and the rest of the eye unit team on a daily basis.