When you think your labour is beginning, please phone the New Forest Birth Centre for advice and reassurance
- General enquiries: 023 8074 7690
- Labour advice: 023 8074 7698
Always bring your white antenatal notes with you to the birth centre. If you arrive outside the reception hours of 8am-5pm Monday to Friday, ring the buzzer to alert staff to your arrival.
Care and facilities
There are two spacious birthing rooms. Both have birth pools and en suite facilities.
The rooms overlook a small garden and the New Forest.
We will office advice and assistant with minimal intervention, and the opportunity for you to remain active throughout your labour.
Support and comfort during your labour
- Comfortable birthing aids such as balls and mats
- Water (in the birthing pool)
- Music and relaxation
- Adjustable lighting and air conditioning
- One-to-one support in labour
- Advice on using your TENS machine (you will need to hire your own before you go into labour)
- Gas and air (Entonox)
For more information on diet and hydration, birth partners and listening to your baby's heart beat during your labour, view the full Virtual tour of New Forest Birth Centre