Radiology day case unit
We have a day case unit, run by nurses with specialist radiology training, where you can be directly admitted for investigations and treatment rather than being in a bed on a ward. You may be referred to the unit after being seen by a consultant in the outpatients' department.
We can carry out the following procedures as day cases:
- Liver biopsy post-TIPSS venogram
- Lung biopsy CT portogram
- Renal (kidney) biopsy leg venogram
- Bone biopsy embolization of fibroid
- Spleen biopsy embolization of varicocele
- Catheter or tube change sedation for MRI/CT
- Cholangiogram thyroid biopsy
- Angiogram/arteriogram trans-rectal biopsy of prostate
- Therapeutic joint injection discogram
- Lipiodol angiogram aspiration of cyst.