Interstitial lung disease
As the regional referral centre for interstitial lung disease we'll provide you with:
- a comprehensive review of your condition
- access to general and disease specific investigations
- a review of your case in a dedicated meeting of experts from specialties including radiology, pathology and surgery.
We have access to the full range of treatments, including novel therapies and clinical trials, and we're one of the few centres nationally able to offer the anti-fibrotic drugs pirfenidone and nintedanib.
What is interstitial lung disease?
Interstitial lung disease, commonly known as ILD, is an umbrella term used to describe a group of rare conditions that all result in inflammation and scarring of the lung. The most common of these conditions are:
- idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis
- extrinsic allergic alveolitis
Interstitial lung disease can also be associated with rheumatological diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis or scleroderma, as well as other less common conditions.
WILD (Wessex ILD) is our dedicated regional support group for those with interstitial lung disease. Visit the WILD website for more information.
You can contact our clinical nurse specialist on 023 8120 6277.