The dermatology department is based at the Royal South Hants Hospital and provides a full general dermatology service for all local patients with skin disease, as well as being a regional centre for patients with more complex needs.
Our services include:
- A weekly 'one-stop' screening clinic for patients with skin cancer.
- Three dedicated skin theatres.
- Modern phototherapy (light therapy) services.
- Specialist clinics for patch-testing, paediatric dermatology, eczema, psoriasis, skin surgery and mycosis fungoides (an uncontrolled growth of a type of white blood cells).
- Nurse-led clinics including day treatment, iontophoresis (electrical stimulation) and Botox therapy for hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating).
The dermatology deparment is also responsible for undergraduate teaching and post-graduate training. It has an active research unit with specialist expertise in the fields of skin cancer, eczema and allergy, psoriasis and cutaneous lymphoma.
Where to find us
Outpatient clinics are held in the main department, Level 2, Fanshawe Wing, Royal South Hants Hospital. The paediatric dermatology clinic is run separately in the main paediatric outpatient department at Southampton General Hospital. In-patient services are provided at Southampton General Hospital.