Visiting hours at Princess Anne Hospital
- open visiting - 9am to 9pm.
- a maximum of 3 visitors per bed at any one time.
- any child other than siblings must be 3 years or older to visit the ward area
- a single birth partner and no visitors are permitted on the labour ward
We try to be as flexible as possible with visiting, but because we prioritise medical care, sometimes we may need to apply restrictions
You may be asked to leave the ward:
How you can help:
- don’t visit if you’re unwell or have had diarrhoea or vomiting in the last 48 hours
- wash your hands when entering the ward using the alcohol gel provided, and follow infection prevention precautions if we ask you to
- support your loved one to eat and drink if appropriate - this will help aid their recovery
- keep noise to a minimum and switch your phone to silent
- be considerate of other patients and their visitors, and try not to disturb staff while they’re administering care or medication
- help keep the patient’s bed space tidy and use the chairs provided, please don’t sit on the bed
- arrange for one person to liaise between ward staff, family and friends - remember we can only give out information about a patient if they’ve given their permission
- you can also help your relative by bringing in things they may need, such as medication, toiletries, glasses, dentures, nightwear and suitable footwear, for example
Information for carers
We welcome family carers on wards and will support you to get involved with your loved one’s care - including assisting at mealtimes and with washing.
If you’re a carer, let staff know so we can discuss flexible or extended visiting hours and the carer’s passport card.