Southampton Children's Hospital Youth Partnership (SCHYP)
Have you got some bright ideas?
If you’re aged between 10 and 19 we’re looking for people like you, especially if you are (or have been) a patient of ours, or if you know someone who is. We need your ideas to help make coming into our hospital the best experience it can be.
What is the Southampton Children’s Hospital Youth Partnership?
Our youth partnership brings together young people who have lots of ideas about how we could make changes to the way we do things. Changes that would mean young people who are being looked after by Southampton Children’s Hospital have the best experience they can possibly have when they’re with us.
How does it work?
Our youth partners work directly with our staff to come up with ways we can improve our hospital. Together they make sure the ideas that are possible, become a reality.
Who can join?
- anyone aged 10 to 19 who is willing to donate their ideas and some of their time. If you’re under 16 you’ll need to get consent from your mum, dad or guardian.
- if you’ve been into our hospital as a patient or are a friend or relative of someone we’ve looked after, then you’d be perfect for our youth partnership as you’ll know how everything works
- but that doesn’t mean that you have to have been inside our hospital to help. The partnership is open to anyone from our local area, you just need to want to make a difference
What’s in it for me?
- you’ll have a whole heap of fun
- you’ll be able to see the difference you’re making by shaping children’s services
- you can meet new friends
- you’ll learn new skills
- all the things you’ll achieve with the youth partnership will look really great on an application form one day - for university, work or anything else you’d like to go on to do
As part of the youth partnership we’ll ask you to meet with us about four to six times per year for a few hours. You can also help to support our special events or even do some volunteering if you like.
The next SCHYP event will be taking place on Saturday, 28 March 2015 in the Hugh Greenwood lecture theatre, G level, Southampton General Hospital. Times will soon been confirmed.
The focus of the day will be:
- youth board elections
- ideas for interactive activities to help improve children’s services
- exploration of neuro theatres
A buffet lunch will be provided.
If you’d like to book a place, please email firstname.lastname@example.org